NOTICE AND INFORMATION ABOUT THE CELEBRATIONS OF SAINT PANTELEIMON TO BE HELD ON 24th JULY 2021
Dear Companions of Pilgrims and those who are interested!
The Greek Orthodox Church of Beloiannisz and Szigetszentmiklós, together with the Pentele Tradition Preservation Association, is organizing a pedestrian pilgrimage for the sixth time in memory of St. Panteleimon. Unusually, the route now starts from Duanújváros to Beloiannisz, so that after 33 km, the parish of Beloiannisz can host pilgrims.
Detailed program (dates are for information only):
- 7:00 – blessing of pilgrims and distribution of travel information. Relocation of the relics of St. Nicholas in the Serbian Orthodox Church (Ráctemplom, Dunaújváros, Táltos utca)
- 7:45 – short funeral service in memory of the residents of the former St. Panteleimon monastery at the Dunaújváros ferry port
- 8:15 – departure to Rácalmás
- 9:30 – arrival in Rácalmás to the Ascension of the Lord to the Serbian Orthodox Church (Rácalmás, Rácz köz)
- 11:30 – short rest at the sports field in Kulcs
- 12:45 – arrival at Lake Czigler in Adony, approx. rest for 30 minutes
- 13:30 – departure in the direction of Iváncsa
- 15:30 – Arrival at the Roman Catholic Church and a short rest
- 17:30 – arrival at the Greek Orthodox Church in Beloiannisz, where pilgrims are welcomed with cipouro, coffee and sweets according to monastic traditions. After a short prayer at the tomb of the late Father József Kalota, the initiator of the pilgrimage, goulash soup will be served in the church garden.
Everyone participates in the pilgrimage under priestly leadership at their own risk! The full route is provided by the Camp Civil Guard. For the pilgrims and the success of their journey, at 10 o’clock in the temple of Beloiannisz, Father Prodromos will serve Liturgy. The full length of the trip is recommended for participants who are in good physical condition and have adequate load capacity. Less experienced pilgrims should choose a shorter route. Those who want to, can join the key sports field to complete the remaining 20 km. It advised that you use hiking shoes which you have already tried out. Clothing should be thin, but should cover the shoulders at least, to prevent sunburn.. It is important to protect yourself from the scorching sun by using a hat or scarf, bringing a raincoat and possibly a change of shirt for safety. All participants should pay close attention to fluid replacement. Recommended for light foods, as well as fruit and chocolate.
You can get information about the pilgrimage or apply to Éva Terekiné Rendes, the professional leader. Contact information T: 20 912 52 63, E-mail address: (firstname.lastname@example.org). And Tamás Szabó T. 70 617 45 32 E-mail address: (email@example.com)
Applications are welcome. Yours sincerely, László Katona Pródromos Katona Greek Orthodox priest, Éva Terekiné Rendes and Tamás Szabó.